(source/bron: Music in Africa)
The annual festival increases the visibility and accessibility of the live African music sector, develops skills and opportunities for music professionals and strengthens regional and international networking for artists.
For more than a decade, Sauti za Busara has sought to recognise and bring together artists and fans, both from Africa and abroad, uniting them for a weekend of music, industry talks and networking sessions. Each year, the organisers receive more than 500 applications from musicians on the continent and its diaspora.
Sauti za Busara showcases live, original and diverse music from the African continent and diaspora. Musicians from the Arab world and the Indian Ocean region are also welcome to apply.
Preference will be given to:
- Unique music with a cultural identity that is connected to Africa, the Arab world and the Indian Ocean region.
- Female artists or groups led by women.
- Young, new and emerging talent.
- Music with messages that are positive, relevant and useful to society.
- Music that is performed 100% live.
To apply to participate, applicants must send all the documents as listed below. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered. Areas marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Application form(link is external).*
- Artists’ profile/biography.*
- Link to the artist’s profile on the Music In Africa portal (www.musicinafrica.net). You can sign up with Music In Africa here and follow the prompts (watch video below).
- Latest audio release (send two CDs by post, or a maximum of three songs by WeTransfer/Dropbox/Google Drive).
- Video DVD of live performance, or one clip by WeTransfer/Dropbox/Google Drive (if available).
- Two hi-res promotional photos.
- Stage plan and technical rider (if available).
- Artists from outside the region are usually required to find their own travel sponsors.
Supporting documents must be clearly labelled and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).