Jazz On The Sofa @ Online
Jazz On The Sofa presents music and interviews with artists from the Netherlands, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Cuba and Germany for a week. An online festival of no less than 6 days with six different acts. The concerts are accompanied by conversations that artistic director Mark Lotz holds with the performers.
The broadcasts can be viewed for another week with a valid ticket.
This time the focus is on young artists with concerts by guitarist and multiple prize winner
– Gijs Idema (winner of the Conservatory Talent Award in 2020), the Mexican bassist / vocalist
– Fuensanta Mendez (graduated from the Amsterdam Conservatory) and trumpet player
– Ruben Drenth (graduated from the Utrecht Conservatory) in duo with bassist Dion Nijland in a program about music by the Rolling Stones.
– The Artvark Saxophone Quartet will perform their Trance program and there will be a meeting of the vocalist
– Deborah Carter with the Cuban piano virtuoso Abel Marcel.
– The Mark Lotz Trio, which recently won the ‘Best of 2019’ in NYC Jazz Records Magazine twice, has released a program around LSD guru Timothy Leary called ‘Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out!’