The 23rd Fira Mediterrània Manresa will take place from 15 to 18 October 2020. Send in your proposal before Wed Jan 29 – 15.00.
Fira Mediterrània Manresa is the strategic fair for artistic proposals which use root sources, tradition and popular culture as the drivers of creativity.
Fira Mediterrània works with what we call the 360 degrees of the root, starting with the first level, the intangible heritage, continuing through the associations of popular and traditional culture, which start with that heritage and work to connect it with society, and ending with the professional sector, the artists whose creations are based on that tradition. At the Fira, we attach particular importance to the interchange, interrelation and intersection of all of those.
It is a multidisciplinary Fira, where we propose three great itineraries:
- Music: with the Mediterranean stage for world music and folk music showcasing the new productions on the traditional Catalan stage.
- Performing arts: including dance, theatre, circus, street arts and proposals for families, based on the intangible heritage and on popular and traditional culture.
- Popular culture and associationism, placing emphasis on their relationship with the professional arts sector while taking into account the Mediterranean’s intangible heritage.
This approach is materialised in the programming, which incorporates proposals in which the traditional roots are the creative force, roots with multi-faceted outlooks, and which speak to us in the present tense.
Fira Mediterrània structures a share of its programming based on three key elements:
- Perspectives: proposals from artists who do not usually work with roots and are offering their specific perspective on popular and traditional culture.
- Young people: proposals from emerging artists who have already focused their creative output based on traditional roots.
- The present: proposals that emphasis a creative root that does not exist externally to the reality around us and that, through the language of roots and popular and traditional culture, can speak to us and reflect on what is transpiring in society today.
- Artistic quality and interest.
- Proposals must fit with the Fira programme themes.
- Completely new productions, never staged before either in Catalonia or in Spain.
- Potential success of the proposal.
- Professional approach and interest shown in Fira as a place for meetings, dialogue and exchange.
- Performances for more than one session reaching a larger professional audience.
Proposal submission period
The deadline for submitting proposals is 29 January 2020, at 3.00 pm. Go to More info