Tribute to Ndiouga Dieng
World Circuit Records
2. Bargou 08 – Targ – Glitterbeat Records (1↘)
3. Omar Sosa & Seckou Keita – Transparent Water – Otá Records / World Village (2↘)
4. Mokoomba – Luyando – Outhere Records (13↗)
5. Tamikrest – Kidal – Glitterbeat Records (5=)
6. Daymé Arocena – Cubafonía – Brownswood Recordings (15↗)
7. Mara Aranda – Sefarad en el Corazón de Marruecos – Mara Aranda (6↘)
8. Amine & Hamza, The Band Beyond Borders – Fertile Paradoxes – ARC Music (7↘)
9. Les Amazones d’Afrique – République Amazone – Real World Records (10↗)
10. Yasmine Hamdan – Al Jamilat – Crammed Discs (16↗)
11. Danyèl Waro – Monmon – Cobalt / Buda Musique (-↗)
12. Tinariwen – Elwan – Wedge (4↘)
13. Dhafer Youssef – Diwan of Beauty and Odd – Okeh Records (29↗)
14. Elida Almeida – Djunta Kudjer – Lusafrica (35↗)
15. Serendou – Zinder – Hirustica (29↗)
16. Kazut de Tyr – Jorjuna – Hirustica (36↗)
17. Black Flower – Artifacts – Sdban Ultra (32↗)
18. Aurelio – Darandi – Real World Records (17↘)
19. Ethio Stars | Tukul Band featuring Mulatu Astatke – Addis 1988 – Piranha Records (20↗)
20. King Ayisoba – 1000 Can Die – Glitterbeat Records (-↗)
21. The Nile Project – Jinja – Zambaleta (14↘)
22. L’Orchestre Afrisa International – Melanie – Colomotion Records (8↘)
23. Rhiannon Giddens – Freedom Highway – Nonesuch Records (23=)
24. Girma Bèyènè & Akalé Wubé – Éthiopiques 30: Mistakes on Purpose – Buda Musique (18↘)
25. Jupiter & Okwess – Kin Sonic – Zamora Label (-↗)
26. Carmen Souza – Creology – Galileo Music (-↗)
27. Vieux Farka Touré – Samba – Six Degrees Records (-↗)
28. V.A. – Lost in China – Riverboat Records (25↘)
29. Cemîl Qoçgîrî – Zalâl – Ahenk Müzik (11↘)
30. Young Iranian Female Voices – Songs in the Mist – Kirkelig Kulturverksted (34↗)
31. Lula Pena – Archivo Pittoresco – Crammed Discs (21↘)
32. Kanazoé Orkestra – Miriya – Buda Musique (22↘)
33. Oumou Sangaré – Mogoya – Nø Førmat! (-↗)
34. Ulaş Özdemir – Traces of Âşik – Buda Musique (-↗)
35. Afrikän Protoköl – Beyond the Grid – Abozamé Records (-↗)
36. Red Baraat – Bhangra Pirates – Rhyme & Reason Records (-↗)
37. Mamadou Kelly – Politiki – Clermont Music (-↗)
38. Maria Kalaniemi & Eero Grundström – Svalan – Åkerö (-↗)
39. Maës, Martin, Gruel – Feule Caracal – Buda Musique (33↘)
40. Zefiro Torna, Ghalia Benali, Vocalconsort Berlin – The Allegory of Desire: The Song of Songs in Western and Oriental Traditions – Warner Classics (39↘)
Transglobal World Music Chart (TWMC) is a network of world music specialized journalists, critics, writers, DJs… from all the continents, that produces a monthly chart (and also an annual one), according to quality criteria, selecting the best recent world music albums from all over the world.
Artists, labels, publicists… can easily submit their releases for the members’ consideration. Please check the Album Submissionspage for more details about the requirements and the recommended procedures.My album is in the Chart!
Congrats! This means that your album has achieved many votes from a panel of specialists from all over the world. You can proudly boast that you have charted on Transglobal World Music Chart showing one of the TWMC’s seals, our logo or banner. Pick them freely from our Media section.Can I publish the Chart?
Of course. The aim of our work is to provide the maximum dissemination of these musics. You can publish the chart freely with the only condition that you mention the whole name of the chart as follows: Transglobal World Music Chart. Including a link to our website and the TWMC logowill be highly appreciated. If you publish the chart in a regular basis, you can send us your logo and a link, that will be placed on the Partners section of our website. And if you send us a link with your publication of the chart, we’ll share it on our social networks.
The monthly chart is always published on the 1st day of each month. If you work for any media outlet interested in publishing the chart and you need to get the results earlier, let us know and we’ll send you a preview every month in advance. And if you want to be our media partner, get in touch with us as well.
Current members of the TWMC panel: Ángel Romero (US), Araceli Tzigane (ES), Juan Antonio Vázquez (ES), Seth Jordan (AU), Tony Hillier (AU), Charlie Crooijmans (NL), Nigel Wood (IE), Dore Stein (US), Roger Holdsworth (AU), Madan Rao (IN), Gil Medovoy (US), Chris Heim (US), Ciro De Rosa (IT), Scott Stevens (US), Hendrick T S Foh (MY), Cliff Furnald (US), Rob Weisberg (US), Toni Polo (FR/ES), Nicolás Falcoff (AR), Masakazu Kitanaka (JP), Jordi Demésenllà (ES), Rafael Mieses (DO/US), Luís Rei (PT), Jean Trouillet (DE), Evangeline Kim (US), Willi Klopottek (LU/DE), Betto Arcos (MX/US), Thorsten Bednarz (DE), Alejandro López (ES), Jon Kertzer (US), Ken Stowar (CA), Jiří Moravčík (CZ), Mu Qian (CN), Carlos Ferreira (PT), Anna Rzhevina (RU), Gil Rouvio (IL), Bouna Ndiaye (SN), Kutay Derin Kugay (TR), Robert Gregor (SK), Ponxo Taifa Ángeles (MX), Yatrika Shah-Rais (IR/US), Armen Manukyan (AM), Rolf Beydemüller (DE), François Bensignor (FR), Sergey Maiboroda (KZ), Cecilia Aguirre (AR/DE), Husniddin Ato (UZ), Eleni Ziliaskopoulou (GR), Marija Vitas (RS), Jaïr Tchong (NL), Enrique Blanc (MX), Tiago Lucas Garcia (BR), Zekeriya S. Şen (TR), Benjamín Muñiz (PR), Daryana Antipova (RU).